But first what does HVAC means it is heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. It is a modern technology to provide ventilation and comfort indoors. HVAC Santa Ana provides a different kind of services for your HVAC needs. It is important that we know different kinds of systems so we would know what would last longer and what is more durable depending on what property we have or where we need it to be installed.
1. Standard split systems
A standard split system is the most commonly used HVAC in homes today. What is great about this system is that it has a lot of types for you as well to have a lot of options to choose from depending on what area you live on and what is the climate. It is very affordable and easy for you. Replacing it wouldn’t have a problem.
- Furnace and Air conditioner – this type of AC unit is installed outside and it is composed of an evaporator coil which you can see inside the box of the unit which circulated all throughout the copper lines.
- Air handler and heat pump – this kind of unit can be found usually in warmer regions of the world. In places that there is no winter season. So instead of a heating system, the heat pump is like an AC unit but just opposite in the weather condition.
- Furnace and heat pump – this type is very good for cold places especially if there is a freezing temperature because the heat pump supplies heat in moderation. The unit can detect the temperature and can automatically adjust itself.
2. Ductless split systems
This kind of systems consists of an outside air conditioner for cooling and the heat pump to also produce a heating and cooling system. Unlike the split systems, this called the mini split system the difference is that there is no furnace. This is easy to install and can be installed either in your ceilings or in the floor. This system is great for homes or properties that have no ductwork. This is better and more effective since you can easily control it because of its thermostat. This is also the preferred system by homeowners or business owners since this is low in energy cost.
3. Packaged systems
A packaged system has a lot of components and this is usually best installed outdoors or homes that have a basement. It is composed of one large cabinet wherein there is a blower inside that can provide healthy ventilation for your home. It is also a great way of treating the air. The best thing about the packaged system is that it is not noisy since the mechanical system is installed outdoors. But unlike the other split systems, this is less effective since they tend to wear out faster compared to other HVAC systems.
- Gas furnace and an air conditioner
- Heat pump provides both cooling and heating system
- Hybrid is also a heat pump but mostly heating and the gas furnace when the temperature is below freezing.