Our Core Values
To accomplish our mission, Lake Hills Community Church bases its decisions and actions on the following core values and beliefs:
Truth: Every person and church must face choices regarding truth.
- Truth is absolute and originates in God; we value the scriptures as God’s Word.
- Teaching is for life change and growth; we value the practical application of scripture.
- Focusing on the things that unite us, not the things that divide us; we value unity and diversity.
- A healthy sense of humor helps people get along with a good attitude; we value humor and fun!
- Building friendships for sharing, help and growth; we value small groups.
- Every member joins in helping other people; we value service.
Purpose & Intentionality: Every church has a culture, either by design or by default.
- God’s revealed will drives our actions: we value intentionality.
- God’s Message and Purposes are eternal, our methods are transitory; we value creativity and innovation in order to effectively contextualize the presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ to our culture.
- Excellence and beauty honor God and reflect His character; we value excellence and beauty in all we do and create.
We believe that God has certain well-defined purposes and plans for every person, and that as we discover and live in those purposes our lives take on more and deeper meaning. We seek to live by the five great purposes found in the Bible. We believe that these purposes create hope and fullness of life for all who live by them.
1. We were created to be loved by God and to love Him,expressing that love through worship and service.
2. We face life’s problems by mutual support with other Christians, developing friendships and doing life together.
3. We strengthen our faith by learning the truth of God’s Word, the Bible, and applying it in our lives.
4. We discover and develop our talents, using them to serve others.
5. We fulfill our mission in life by helping others to know and follow Christ.
These five purposes God has for man are all found in the Bible contained in the “Great Commandments” and the “Great Commission”:
The Great Commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength… and love your neighbor as yourself.” ~ Jesus (Matthew 22:37-40)
The Great Commission: “Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teach teaching them to obey everything I have commanded.” ~ Jesus (Matthew 28.19-20a)